Kimthatchers build thatch roofs for Game Lodges, Chalets, Homes, Lapas and everything in between. We offer completely customized solutions which fit every conceivable design requirement, thus whatever your needs may be, we will be able to provide what you are looking for, regardless of the shape or size of thatch required.
In addition to our thatching service we also offer a repair, maintenance and re-hatching service on all existing thatch roofs, so you can rest assured that whatever your repair or maintenance requirements may be, we can do the job!
Sufficient and effective fire protection using the Micon range of products are of paramount importance and integral to Kimthatchers' thatching service, whether we are doing new builds, repairs, re-hatching or maintenance. For more information on fire protection using Micon Thatchsayf and Thatchbor FR products, please click here.
Kimthatchers uphold the following manufacturing standards:
- Cape Thatch Reed or Grass is used for the inside layer;
- Hiperphilia Disoluta of 2 – 4mm thickness is used on outer layer of thatching;
- SANS 1047 (previously known as SABS) approved Tanalith treated poles are used for all our structures;
- Standard thatch thickness is approximately 150mm;
- The thickness of the poles, nuts and bolts for our structures are in accordance with the requirements of the SA Thatchers Association;
- We do regular inspections on all our work;
- We offer an extensive guarantee for a long period, provided thatching was thoroughly treated by ourselves;
- We supply lightning conductors
Fireplaces & Braais
Apart from thatched roofs, Kimthatchers also supply and manufacture high quality built-in braais and fireplaces customized to suit your specific needs. All braais and fireplaces come with Kimthatchers' signature quality workmanship and are manufactured and finished with the highest grade materials, ensuring that you receive a quality product every time, guaranteed.
Poles & Garden Ornaments
Kimthatchers are also suppliers of a wide variety of garden ornaments, pots for plants, tanalith treated poles, latte and a host of other related products which can be found at the Houtkraal Kimthatchers Paal Depot. All poles are H4 and Tanalith treated, ensuring that they last and are safe to use in all building applications.
For a more comprehensive overview of the products we stock in this category please feel free to give Danie a ring or visit our pole yard located at 36 Lanbouweg, Kimberley, where one of our friendly staff members will be glad to assist you